- LSI* LSISAS 2x 24 SAS/SATA expander to enable communications with 24-ports at 3 Gb/s or 6 Gb/s
- Eight SFF8087 SAS/SATA connectors for attaching up to 24 targets or initiators
- Low profile, MD2 depth for use in low profile slots and motherboards with add-in card depth constraints
- PCIe* x4 connector with power pins to mount and power for a PCIe* slot (if desired)
- RA 4-pin power connector to power from a cable (if desired)
- Mounting holes for attaching to a chassis or duct wall (if desired)
- Six SAS cables with SFF8087 connectors at each end
- Low-cost alternative to high port count RAID cards: Provides a more economical solution that is similar to a 16 or 20 high port count card, but has more flexibility as the Intel® RAID Expander RES2SV240 can be teamed up with a wide variety of 4 or 8 port SAS RAID card/modules to offer features that are best suited to customer needs.
- Inside-the-box design flexibility: With a true MD2 form factor; this expander card is ideal for low-profile height and half-length adapter slots. In addition, the card design allows for mounting on chassis walls or ducting. Power can be obtained either from a PCIe* slot or a power cable.
- Excellent performance: Overall performance of the RES2SV240 is on par with Intel’s SAS-2 high port count RAID with transfer rates of up to 6Gb/s per port. While today’s high port count RAID cards typically include an expander on the card, an RES2SV240-based solution separates the expander from the RAID card for more system design flexibility.